Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
h20polo h20polo is offline

Default adding up number of repeated names

I've tried to reply a couple of times and it hasn't showed up, so I'm sorry
if it ends up showing up later.

Roger, thanks for your suggestion. As described, it is exactly what I want.
However, the first formula only works in an individual cell for an individual
input - how can I get it to be a formula for the entire column or copy it
down, changing it for each cell in the column? I don't know if my using Excel
2003 affects this or not.

Thanks!

"h20polo" wrote:

I have a compiled list of all the guests that have attended different events
that we have held in the last couple of years. We are trying to figure out
the loyalty of our guests; identifying those that have attended 2 or more
events. The guest names are in cells A3:A988. How do I come up with a formula
so that the output is the name of anyone who has attended more than one event
(meaning their name appears more than once in column A) and the number of
times they've attended an event, which is updated as more events/names are
added to the list?

Thanks so much.