Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
talltom talltom is offline

Default Long List of Numbers sorting

Help Please!

I have a list of 30,000 alpha-numeric numbersin column "A". I would like to
write a formula that would extract the info in A1 and A10, and repeat that
every 10 numbers.
In this example, I would want B1 to return D5F3M1-D5F3N1, The first number
and the last number in that range. Then C1 would return D5F3N2-D5F3P2, and
so on.

The last thing I would like to ask is how to write a formula to summarize
this info on a separate sheet. Example: Info on Sheet 1 in B1 & B2, D1 &
D2, to display on Sheet 2 A1 & A2, and Sheet A4 & A5

Example to follow.
D5F3M1
D5F3M2
D5F3M3