Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Beth Beth is offline

Default vlookup not finding matching data

I have been using vlookup for several years now and occasionally run into
this problem. My visually exact match does not find a match.

I am looking for an exact match in another table. My formula is
=VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!Query_from_Navision,2,FALSE).

The actual data in A1 is 195397.
There is a record in my Sheet2!Query_from_Navision.
column A
195397
Column B
SSU

It does not find it because when I compare the "195397" from the field I am
looking up on and the "195397" in the list, they return a false using =exact.

I have tried using the =clean function on both pieces of data. I have used
the =cell looking at all the attributes, but they match.
How can I see why the data does not match exactly?