Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default How 2 Link DATA instead of CELL REFERENCE - Pulling My Hair Out!

Use the INDIRECT function for your linking formulas.

=INDIRECT("All!A"&ROW())

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007 12:59:01 -0700, NineuhtOK
wrote:

Here Goes...long story short, I am trying to make Excel work a little like
Access. On first tab of my worksheet labeled "All" is all my data.
Additional tabs contain links of the data from the 'All' tab1 (Party
Invite-tab 2, Golf Invite-tab 3, Alumni-tab 4, etc.)

However...when I sort the data on the 'All' tab, the links pasted on the
other tabs continue to reference the pre-sorted ROW/COLUMN from the 'All' tab
instead of the post-sorted DATA. Therefore data from the links on the other
tabs are useless to me.

Is there a formula to link the DATA in the cell rather than linking the CELL
REFERENCE so that when the 'All' tab is sorted, the links pasted on the other
tabs are updated correctly?

Thanks for your suggestions!