Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default File Format Converter

This appears to happen when the file you've opened has some attribute that
saving in Excel 2003 would not preserve, like data beyond column IV. Of
course it would probably be something different in your case. I think you
can find out what it is by trying to save the workbook in Excel 97-2003
format in Excel 2007. A warning about what would be lost should pop up.

--
Jim
"Hugh" wrote in message
|I have installed the file format converter application on top of MS Office
XP