Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JLatham[_2_] JLatham[_2_] is offline

Default Boards Broken in Browsers

I'm thinking that the options aren't known to everyone (I know I'm pretty
dumb when it comes to all things newsreader) and I suspect many people end
up here by way of their browser and the results of some search engine.

Problem isn't any better this morning. Got notification of responses to
this discussion and couldn't even see the original posting in IE 7 when I
clicked the link! I think their .asp has gotten caught up in some .net and
won't .com with hardly anyone today.

Personally, I think they'd be better off setting the whole thing up as a
true discussion forum such as the many that feed into/from the newsgroups.
"JE McGimpsey" wrote in message
One doesn't *have* to choose between a lousy medium (web) or a hack-job
news client (OE). There are many actual newsreaders, e.g. Agent.

See http://www.newsreaders.com/win/clients.html

In article ,
"MartinW" wrote:

I seem to have constant problems with OE, it only shows
about half of the threads that appear on the web browser
and the delay from posting a thread to it showing in the
web browser can sometimes be up to 12 hours.