Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Last working day of month

Hi,

If you have a list of the a day of each month (any day) in A1:A12, then

=EOMONTH(A1,0)-MOD(EOMONTH(A1,0)+1,7)

If you just want to enter one day in the first month in cell A1 then use the
formula in B1:

=EOMONTH(A1,ROW()-1)-MOD(EOMONTH(A1,ROW()-1)+1,7)

If you don't want to enter the formula on row 1 then

=EOMONTH(A1,ROW(A1)-1)-MOD(EOMONTH(A1,ROW(A1)-1)+1,7)
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"JudithJubilee" wrote:

Hello there,

I'm using 2003. I know that you can use the fill series on dates to get
every weekday, every 4th of the month, etc. However, I would like to be able
to get a list of the dates for the last Friday of each month. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
--
Hope this helps