Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PegL PegL is offline

Default custom date format changed in mail merge

Another option: In Word, use a numeric picture switch on the merge field.
See Word help for Numeric Picture switch.
--
Good Luck,
Peg

"olrustyxlsuser" wrote:

Hello Bob,
The format change occurs in the Word Mail Merge. I can format the cell in
the Excel data source, but can't find an option to change it in Word.
Revealing the formatting/Cell options are only the prefered width and text
alignment. And from the Menu Bar/Format I'm not given that option. Do I
need to look elsewhere?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

That is the serial date number. Just format the cell as a date
(FormatCellsDate)

--
HTH

Bob

"olrustyxlsuser" wrote in message
Hello,
I'm having a problem understanding how to correct the change in date
format
from my mail merge. I've read Cindy Meister's pages and can't quite find
what I need. http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm
Office Suite 2003, Data Source is Excel '03, merging into Word '03. The
date format in the data source is custom d-mmm, (30-June) and after the
merge
becomes 39263. I believe I understand what the number means, but have no
idea how to change it back to a date that others will understand.

Please help.
TIA,
John