Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
islander islander is offline

Default search and change without replacing-excel 2002

I am in the process of converting ID codes that are text. In column B i have
a variety of labels, ie.. shirt, sweater, hat. They repeat over and over
again. I want column C to contain the word "summer" everytime "shirt" appears
in Column B, "fall" everytime "sweater" apears and "winter" everytime "hat"
appears. I do not want to get rid of the original column so I can not do a
search and replace. The database already exists with the original labels
only.