Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help on sumproduct function

You've used the double unary minus to transform one of your booleans to a
number, but you may need to do the same for your other two boolean
expressions.

Also, if your example is representative, your dates may not really be dates,
but may be text that looks like dates. You can check by temporarily
changing the format of your date cells to general or number, and see whether
23-May-07 becomes 39225, etc. If they don't change format, they're
presumably text, not dates, so your test won't evaluate appropriately.

If you're still struggling, add helper columns with each test condition
separately, so that you can see which tests are passing and which failing.
--
David Biddulph

"sadat" wrote in message
Hello,
My problem is that I have data in four columns. First column has the data
which is mixed of text and numbers (Eg. KAM-1000), second column has date
(Eg. 23-May-2007), third column has text that is different types of
product
name, last column is the price of the products. I want to sum up the last
column if all the three columns matches three different criteria. I am
giving
an example of the data below:
ID Date Product Name Price
KAM-1000 23-May-07 Apple 400
KAM-1001 24-MAY-07 Orange 100
KAM-2000 25-MAY-07 Grape 200
KAM-1000 23-May-07 Apple 300
Now I want the function to sum up the row 1 and 2 and give a result of
700.
I used this formula but it resulted 0:
=SUMPRODUCT($A$221:$A$224="KAM-1736",$G$221:$G$224="Business Solutions -
Dhaka",--(TEXT($E$221:$E$224,"yyyymmmdd")="2007May23"),$M$2 21:$M$224)
What should I do? Is there any other function which will give me the
accurate result?

Thanking you in advance