gls858

wwj wrote:
I have a question about multiple conditional calculation. Here is my
question.

A B C D E F
A1 B1 C1 D1 =Max(A1:D1)
A2 B2 C2 D2 =Max(A2:D2)
A3 B3 C3 D3 ...
A4 B4 C4 D4 ...

I have a database like row 1-4 and column A to D. (The actual database
is much bigger.) I konw how to get the maximum value as I write above.
My question is how to get the location of the maximum number in F
colum? For example, if in E3, the maximum number is B3, then F should
be B3.

I have checked with the excel help, but just find a "if function" with
two conditions.

So what can I do? I am a greenhand in advanced Excel and know nothing
about VBA program. So if the program is needed, would you please
explain in a little detail?

Thanks.

wwj

One way I'm sure there are others. Put this in column F

=IF((MAX(A1:D1))0,(MAX(A1:D1)),0)

gls858