Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default delimited numbers

If the numbers are all of a similar format, you could use custom format
000-000-0000
--
David Biddulph

"NDF" wrote in message
I am trying to delimited 1,240 rows of numbers which I need to separate as
phone numbers. I need the phone numbers to be written as 314-923-0417.
Right
now the number is written as 3149230417. My problem is when I delimite,
the
system will leave off the 0 thus giving me 314-923-417 after I concatenate
all my phone numbers with a 0 in the parameter are missing the 0's. I
have
tried formating the column as text, then as special formating. So far
nothing has worked. If anyone knows how to accomplish this task please
please
let me know. Thank you.