Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default HLOOKUP INDIRECT with alpha numeric worksheets

#N/A means not available. This happens when the formula can't find the
lookup_value. Are you sure the lookup_value is present in the lookup_table?

It looks like your lookup_value is also the sheet name. If the sheet name
didn't exist Excel would open a dialog box asking you to select a file that
does contain that sheet name. I guess that doesn't happen?

Biff

"Kelly" wrote in message
Thanks to the help from a prior posting, I have the following calculation
in
my spreadsheet:
=HLOOKUP(A5,INDIRECT("'"&$A5&"'!D2:H104"),3,FALSE)
This macro searches through several worksheets with lease numbers (e.g.
003403, 021456) to produce the results.
When I have a lease number that includes a letter (e.g. 003403R, 045789A),
receive an #N/A response.
Can you please tell me where I've gone wrong and/or what I need to change
in
my formula?
Thanks
Kelly