Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Coopster8 Coopster8 is offline

Default Excel Formula needed

Myveryownself,
I see what you mean by the CSV File, I'm not a computer person, but enjoy
working with excel, wish i knew more, always keep making forms and trying new
things with it, never even heard of CSV files, until you said something about
them.... I want to say Thanks for your help on this long thread over this
formula that YOU and only you figured out!!!!
Super Job!!!! Keep it up, helping people like myself learning new things and
figuring things out!!!!!!!!!!!
Kurt

"MyVeryOwnSelf" wrote:

Each dept is going to need the Variance.... I typed in what you sent
me in that csv? file and saw what you did in your example, and it
worked except. I can't go down each line, I need the answer to stay in
that line...... ie... your dept 71, need each variance to stay in
G14, for each week after week not step down each week in diff dept....
makes since?

First of all, the CSV file was not to type in. Double-click on the icon of
a csv file, and it opens in excel.

I believe that the CSV file posted yesterday does what you say. Just now I
typed 22 into F14 and the value in G14 changed accordingly.

In the posted file, rows 14 to 17 are different departments. There isn't
any "step down" for a department. There are fewer entries for different
departments to test that the formulas work in a general way.

Here is link to my true file, ...

Please don't post Excel spreadsheet "xls" files. They can contain macros
that can contain viruses and lots of people won't open them. Instead, if
the situation arises in the future, do these two steps in Excel:

1. Cause formulas to show by using
Tools Options View
and checking the box for "Formulas."

2. Use
File Save as
and for the "Save as type" choose "CSV." CSV files are plain text files
with no macros (open one in Windows Notepad to see), but they can still be
opened in Excel. Of course, there are lots of Excel features CSV files
can't preserve.

I have to turn in a report for my DM, weekly

Hope you now have the info to do this.