Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bj bj is offline

Default Calculating earliest start and latest end dates by contract

I may have lost my reply
select contract_list
use <data<filter<advanced filter { unique list} to get a unique contract
list
if you put it in Column D with the lable in D1
in E1 enter "TaskStart Date"
in E2 enter
=Min(if(Contract_range=D2,Task_Start_Date_range,ma x(Task_Start_Date_range)))
enter as an array control-shirft-enter
copy down to the end of the unique list
in F2 enter
=Mmax(if(Contract_range=D2,Task_end_Date_range,min (Task_end_Date_range)))
again enter as an array function and copy down

"Data Analyst" wrote:

Hi everyone,

I went through some of the questions and have not been successful at finding
the simplest and concise way of tracking contracts for my reporting purposes.
Currently, I track multiple tasks for one contract number. As a result, I end
up have multiple task dates for one project that I will need to summarize
into a monthly report. At this point, I have been doing it manually and has
been quite time consuming. I am hoping there is a faster way for me to get
the same results.

Here is an example of what I'm after. I have a report that looks like the
example below:

Contract Task Start Date Task End Date
101010 01/05/99 12/3/05
101010 12/8/04 11/5/07
356 08/06/05 4/8/07
12345 11/3/89 11/01/01
12345 10/6/01 12/4/07

Now with that said, what are the steps I should take and the formula I
should use to get a result similar to this kind:

Contract Task Start Date Task End Date
101010 01/05/99 11/5/07
356 08/06/05 4/8/07
12345 11/3/89 12/4/07