Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Walter Walter is offline

Default Find Item in Other Column and Repeat

Thanks! That worked really nice.

"Max" wrote:

One way ..

In C1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B1,A:A,0)),"A"&MATCH(B1,A:A,0), "no")
Copy down to last row of data in col B
--
Max
Singapore
"Walter" wrote:
Col A Col B
abcd1234 mnop3456
efgh5678 qrst7890
ijkl9012 kkkk1111
mnop3456
qrst7890

Col A already exists and I want to take first item in Col B and search all
of Col A for that item. If it does not exist, return either a "no" or a "0".
If it does exist, I want to know where it is in Col A so I guess that I need
the cell location returned. All returns can be returned to the next column
over next to the item I am searching for Then move to the second item in Col
B and search all of Col A again for that item with same results, Then move to
third item in Col B and so forth.