Dave Peterson

One of these usually works with a similar problem starting workbooks by double
clicking them in Windows Explorer. Maybe one will work for you and your email
problem.

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

John P. wrote:

This is driving me crazy. If I already have Excel open (with or with out a
spreadsheet open) I cannot open an Excel spreadsheet attached to an e-mail.
If I close Excel and retry it will open Excel and the spreadsheet.

Any ideas? I hate having to close all my open spreadsheets when I want to
open a spreadsheet that's been e-mailed to me!

--

Dave Peterson