Gary Brown

You've got me. I'm using 2000 SP-1.
You might want to re-post. Many people who would normally answer you, will
probably skip right over this posting because they see that there have bee
several postings to this question. Re-Posting makes it 'fresh'.
Good Luck,
Gary Brown

"Harold" wrote:

That's interesting. My sheet has data in columns A thru HJ. I CANNOT hide
all 256 columns manually -- I get the same error. I can hide columns A thru
FC (156 hidden columns), but after that I get the error. It doesn't seem to
matter if the columns are continuous or non-contingous, 156 is my maximum.
On a BLANK workbook I am able to hide all 256 columns.
I'm using Excel 2002 sp3.

"Gary Brown" wrote:

If you're macro has hidden ALL columns and then tries to hide the 'next'
column, you'd probably get that first error.
HTH,
Gary Brown

"Gary Brown" wrote:

The only way I know to get that error message is to try to INSERT columns or
rows so that cells with data will be pushed beyond column IV or row 65,536.
Is your macro hiding columns or simply inserting enough columns so that they
shift off the screen so you don't see them? In testing, I just hid ALL 256
columns.
HTH,
Gary Brown

"Harold" wrote:

Is there a maximum number of non-contiguous columns that can be hidden in
Excel? I have a macro that hides qualifying columns, and it chokes with the
error "unable to set the hidden property". When I try to hide the next
column manually I get "Cannot shift objects off sheet". It sounds like I
have hit upon a maximum number of hidden columns ? If not, what is resulting
in these errors ?