Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Upgrade to 2007

"Tom" wrote in message
I went ahead and purchased 2007 thinking that newer versions MUST be
better...right??? WRONG. After a day of frustration with the down-graded
user
interface I promptly UNinstalled the upgrade and went back to my 2002.
I cannot believe how SLOW it has become and the absolutely cheesy
interface
made my jaw hit the desk when I first saw it! I imagine I COULD eventually
get used to the new interface...but WHY change something that people are
familiar with??? Someone made the comment in this string about people
saying
that "nothing works"....well it took me about 5 minutes just to figure out
how to unhide a hidden sheet!!!!

But you are ignoring a huge market slice, those that are not
experienced/avid/power Excel user, maybe never having used it, who, accoding
to MS, find the current interface difficult to manage. These people will get
2007 with their new computers, and be none the wiser as to whther this is a
step backwards or a step forwards.

And of course, when you next buy a PC, Excel 2003 or earlier will not be on
sale.

FOR SALE: a like-new-rarely-used Excel 2007

How much?