Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
tom tom is offline

Default Upgrade to 2007

The only flaw in that argument is how do you know what you haven't got until
you go and get it?"

Hmmm...you wait until you post a question and someone replies with "You need
2007" in order to be able to do that" ??? :)
I understand what you are saying...and you are RIGHT when you say that only
IF the upgrade has something/features that you require.

"Bill Ridgeway" wrote:

Tom wrote <<I went ahead and purchased 2007 thinking that newer versions
MUST be better...right??? WRONG. After a day of frustration with the
down-graded user interface I promptly UNinstalled the upgrade and went back
to my 2002. I cannot believe how SLOW it has become and the absolutely
cheesy interface made my jaw hit the desk when I first saw it! I imagine I
COULD eventually get used to the new interface...but WHY change something
that people are familiar with??? Someone made the comment in this string
about people saying that "nothing works"....well it took me about 5 minutes
just to figure out how to unhide a hidden sheet!!!!

On the assumption that thousands of others have had the same experience with
Office 2007 that must be a reasonably conclusive argument for NOT
upgrading!! There is only one possible justification (advantages outweigh
the disadvantages) for upgrading and that is IF it includes something which
isn't available in the previous version AND it is an operational requirement
(not a 'nice to have').

The only flaw in that argument is how do you know what you haven't got until
you go and get it?

Bill Ridgeway