Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
m.beebee[_2_] m.beebee[_2_] is offline

Default date auto correct

Thanks a mil. I have it set on English South Africa. we use the same date
format here.
wrt the other item, the column needs to have

either a number 1 - 5, text or 1/2 or 3/4 or 4/5 or 2/3 you get the idea.
It is used as a rating - so i just put a K infront of it.

"DazzaData" wrote:

Hi,

I think you might need to go to control panel and check the regional
settings are set to the UK date format

when typing 1/2 what do you mean, a half or 1 out of two? the best thing is
to put a ' before it when you type it

"m.beebee" wrote:

I have two problems with regards to date auto correct:
1) when i enter 4/6 - ie 4 June as i want ddmmyyyy - it automatically
changes to 06-Apr when i actually want 04-Jun. I have looked through all the
options i can find and changed defaults to yyyymmdd (although i would like is
at ddmmyyy, but that is not an option on the list).
2) secondly i sometimes need to have a cell that says 3/4 or 1/2 without it
automatically chaging this to a date. how do i switch this off?