Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Ranking or sorting function

Craig,

With the test scores in Column B1 down type this in C1 and drag down as
required.

=RANK(B1,B$1:B$50)

If 2 scores have an equal rank then they will both get the same rank For
example if there is a joint No1 they will both get 1 and there will be no No2.

Mike

"craig" wrote:

I am looking for a way to have some information ranked in ascending order. I
have a list of names with test scores. I need to rank each name based on
their test score. I am having trouble when there are test scores the same.
This is throwing off the ranking as the scores are the same number. Does
anyone have a function I can use for ranking when the numbers are the same.
All persons must show on my results and their test results.

Thanks,
Craig