Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Comparing two lists using Conditional Formatting

Hmmm...

There's no reason why that shouldn't work.

If you want to send a copy of the file to me I'll take a look. I won't be
able to get to until tomorrow PM, though. I'm getting ready to call it a
day! It's 3:00 AM at my location.

If you want to do that I'm at:

xl can help at comcast period net

Remove "can" and change the obvious.

Biff

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I am trying to apply conditional formatting in order to compare two
identical tables to track changes that will be made to one of them. I
have followed the steps provided on this website,
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip073.htm, but this only works
for the text that is in my tables and not for the numerical values,
although it is specified that this formula should work for both
numbers and text. Can you please help. I am not sure what I am doing
wrong. I have followed the instructions step-by-step!

I have provided below an example of my table, any of these numbers or
text can be changed.

0 0 0 1 1.5 36 0 response received
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 response pending

Thanks!