Gary Brown

The only way I know to get that error message is to try to INSERT columns or
rows so that cells with data will be pushed beyond column IV or row 65,536.
Is your macro hiding columns or simply inserting enough columns so that they
shift off the screen so you don't see them? In testing, I just hid ALL 256
columns.
HTH,
Gary Brown

"Harold" wrote:

Is there a maximum number of non-contiguous columns that can be hidden in
Excel? I have a macro that hides qualifying columns, and it chokes with the
error "unable to set the hidden property". When I try to hide the next
column manually I get "Cannot shift objects off sheet". It sounds like I
have hit upon a maximum number of hidden columns ? If not, what is resulting
in these errors ?