Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
PA PA is offline

Default Upgrade to 2007

Your point is excellent. I remember when I was hired by my current employer
we were switching from Lotus to Excel, and it was "culture shock".
From what I have seen the difficulty will far outweigh any benifits. I am
gathering information to make a case against upgrading and do need as much
data as possible.
Thank you very much for you feedback.

"Stan Brown" wrote:

Sun, 3 Jun 2007 08:38:03 -0700 from PA
:
We have been using Office 2002 for 4 years, with approxiately 6000 users,
have a large selection of macros used by many of our users.
The question we are interested in is how much difficulty will be experienced
with Excel if we upgrade Office to version 2007.

Have you been reading this group? That should give you a fair idea of
some issues with transition to Excel 2007.

That said, why are you even considering the change? What does Excel
2002 not do for you that you need? It's usually a bad idea to upgrade
to a newer verson of a product if your *only* reason is "because it's
new".

http://OakRoadSystems.com/