Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Bill Ridgeway Bill Ridgeway is offline

Default Upgrade to 2007

"PA" wrote in message
We have been using Office 2002 for 4 years, with approxiately 6000 users,
have a large selection of macros used by many of our users.
The question we are interested in is how much difficulty will be
experienced
with Excel if we upgrade Office to version 2007.
Thanks

Others have commented on the technical reasons for and against upgrading. I
think you have already identified a possible (?probable) problem upgrading
macros. Another aspect is assimilation / familiarisation / training of and
support for your 6000 users. That sounds a pretty daunting task. I trust
that, if you go ahead with upgrade to Office 2007, you will also seriously
beef up your support capability for that Monday (or series of Mondays) that
they start work and you are deluged with complaints of "nothing works"
although, hopefully it should be no worse than "nothing works as it did on
Friday".

Bill Ridgeway