Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Unable to see add-in buttons in Excel 2007

Hi Charles

I have all versions of XL loaded on the same machine.
Data Analysis on both 2003 and 2007 show the same 19 different types of
analysis.

THe add-in (significance analysis of microarrays) still works in 2003,
but doesn't

appear in 2007

I don't know what this is, but I do not see anything of that name in
Data Analysis on either version.
Maybe it was part of some additional add-in you have in 2003.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Charles" wrote in message
Thanks. This is all most odd. I do not have that. I wonder if it is a
consequence of having both 2003 and 2007 on the same machine. THe
add-in
(significance analysis of microarrays) still works in 2003, but
doesn't
appear in 2007. Looks like I will have to move completely to 2007
alone to
see if that is the case. A bit loth to do so though.
--
Charles

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Every once in a while, I can't replicate something that occurs to
someone else
with the same version of excel. That scares me (or makes me feel
special)
<vbg.

And I've saved lots of posts from others. I just snip out the From's
and add my
name!

Roger Govier wrote:

And there was me thinking you always had special copies - how else
can
you come up with all those wonderful solutions<vbg

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
Good. I don't use xl2007 enough to know if I have that special
copy
yet <vbg.

Roger Govier wrote:

Yep, same place for me when I have the ATP Addin ticked

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
It wasn't a button. It was just on that Data Ribbon to the
far
right.
At least
it shows up there for me--in the Analysis section/Group.

Charles wrote:

Hi Dave
Thanks for replying. It is enabled, but I don't see an button
anywhere.
Where should it be? Is there a tools menus somewhere, or
something
under the
data tab?
--
Charles

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'd double check to make sure you actually enabled that
addin.

At the bottom of that Addin section (under the office
button|excel
options) is a
button that you use to manage the addins.

Maybe the addin was in the list, but it wasn't enabled???

Charles wrote:

I want to use add-ins in excel 2007 - e.g. Anaylsis
toolpak,
and
others for
biostatistics. They are all loaded, as I have verified
this in
the Excel
options / Manage Addins dialog. However I can't see them
anywhere. In Excel
2003 the buttons appeared on the toolbars, or in the data
menu.
Microsofts
web site says there should be an "analysis" panel in the
Data
tab
in Excel
2007, but there is no such panel I can find. Can anyone
help?

Note - this is not an issue in Excel 2003 on the same
machine - I
can still
see the add-in buttons (or access via menus). I am trying
use
them in 2007
due to the dataset size.
--