Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ShaneDevenshire ShaneDevenshire is offline

Default Words on screen are larger when printed.

Hi,

For most printers the resolution is greater than the screen resolution. So
something that looks good on screen may not look good at printout.

One option is to change the font. If one can, choosing a Printer font is
more likely to work. For example, HP printers come with pre-installed font
sets, try using one of those, if you are using an HP printer.

Another option is to widen the columns a little beyond best fit. This can
be a pain to do manually. You could automate it via a macro...

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Jelsing" wrote:

When I type words in Excel, they fit within a cell with borders; but when I
print preview, or actually print, they do not fit within the cell.

How do I get my Excel input screen to show the same as what will be printed.

Thanks for any help on this.