Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Words on screen are larger when printed.

Typically, that occurs when "Fit to 1 page" is selected and the size
differential is significant. The end result can easily end up distorted

For example, if the report requires a lot of detail, set the fonts to 8 pt.
A common mistake is to build the report in an impractically large font (like
24 pt/Arial) so "Fit to 1 page" can shrink it to 33% (the equivalent of an 8
pt original font).

My general rule is:
Size the fonts for final presentation and use <View<Zoom to enhance the
monitor display. That avoids "Fit to 1 page" and, consequently, reduces
recalc time when "show page breaks" is engaged. (My experience has been that
Excel consumes a lot of resources to maintain the "Fit to 1 page" settings)

Does that help?
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Jelsing" wrote:

When I type words in Excel, they fit within a cell with borders; but when I
print preview, or actually print, they do not fit within the cell.

How do I get my Excel input screen to show the same as what will be printed.

Thanks for any help on this.