Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JLatham[_2_] JLatham[_2_] is offline

Default summary of milestone

Roger,
I wasn't sure if the 11 values are always the same or not - I also thought
about just looking for 11 values individually.
As for part 2, I interpreted him to mean that he wanted to find out where in
row 2 the values found in row 5 appeared (first time?) - kind of comparing
milestones perhaps? So I just gave him the address of the matches.

I'm not sure about the whole thing either - not enough information. Maybe
between the two of us, he'll be able to rig up a solution. Or come back and
fill in the blanks.
"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

To answer the first part of you post, I used Frequency as an array
formula.
I set the range of bins in G5:G15 as 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10
Mark H5:H10 and array enter
{=FREQUENCY($V$5:$IQ$5,$G$5:$G$15)}

Use Control,Shift,Enter to enter or edit the formula.
Excel will create the curly braces { } if you use CSE. Do not type them
yourself.

Then in cell J5 enter
=IF(INDEX($H:$H,COLUMN(E1))0,INDEX($G:$G,COLUMN(E 1)),"")
and copy across through K5:T5
Column(E1) is used to return 5 as the index value (therefore look at H5
and G5) and will be stepped up by one as you copy across.

I am not sure what you are wishing to do for the second part of your
question.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"driller" wrote in message
hello,
i have a range V5:IQ5, it contains values from 0+.

most of the values are the same. the range may contain 1 up to 11
different
valus.

I need to

1) make a formula for table of values in range (J5:T5) which will collect
each different values within the range (V5:IQ5).
2) then another formula to lookup from the range $V$2:$IQ$2, for the
corresponding series number where the data falls in the column. This
formula
to be filled along range (J4:T4).

thanks and regards,
driller
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..