Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
frpkaren frpkaren is offline

Default Locked Cells & List Boxes in Template

I'm not familiar with event code, but it's worth a try. I think the other
option is too limited. Thanks again!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

That's the problem with using the protection feature to Tab to unlocked cells.

The order must be left to right and top to bottom.

There are a couple of other methods.

See Bob Phillips' site for another using a named range.

Also, there is event code which can take you through cells in a pre-defined
order.

Post back for code if you would like to try that.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 13:14:01 -0700, frpkaren
wrote:

I've set up a protected Excel template with locked cells so users can tab to
the cells that need to be filled in. I have five columns in which they
wanted to have a drop down list so they can select the appropriate heading
for each column. Once you tab to the last of these columns with the drop
down list, the next tab takes you to the first of these five columns instead
of going to the next cell to be filled in. You can click into the next
unlocked cell, but I'd rather have the users still be able to tab to the next
unlocked cell.