Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gaetan Gaetan is offline

Default Criteria count

I did not specify in my previous post but there is no predefined list of
items for column B.

Thanks.

"Gaetan" wrote:

I'm having a major headache over a criteria count that I cannot figure out...
Maybe someone would have a solution for me.

I have two columns of data.
A1:A50 contains time slots that may repeat an undefinite amount of times.
B1:B50 contains various names that may or may not repeat

I need to count the number of different names that appears for a specific
time slots.

Here's an example:
7:00 Apple
7:00 Apple
7:00 Carrot
7:00 Peach
7:30 Cake
7:30 Carrot
7:30 Cake

Results should be:
7:00 3
7:30 2

I was thinking that an array formula would do the trick but I just can't
figure out how do it...

Thanks for any help you may provide me with.