Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Pasting an equation down a column

Debra Dalgleish shows how to do what Mike explained (but with pictures):
http://contextures.com/xlDataEntry01.html

And she explains another way using the keyboard, too.

CaitlinRVH wrote:

I am analyzing a 45,000 row and 4 column data. I am looking to take the mean
of the 4 columns for all 45,000 without having to type the equations
individually. I understand that to get the average for columns C through F I
must enter the following formula: =(C3+D3+E3+F3)/4

I would very much appreciate it if someone could inform me how to get the
general
=(C+D+E+F)/4 formula easily for the entire column. Thank you.

Caitlin

--

Dave Peterson