Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Pasting an equation down a column

Hi

You could use
=AVERAGE(C1:F1) for the row
=AVEARGE(C1:F45000) for the complete range

If you want the average of each row separately, then with the first
formula in G1, hover the cursor over the bottom right corner of cell G1
till you see a small solid black cross (the fill handle) and double
click.
It should fill the formula down through G2:G45000

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"CaitlinRVH" wrote in message
I am analyzing a 45,000 row and 4 column data. I am looking to take
the mean
of the 4 columns for all 45,000 without having to type the equations
individually. I understand that to get the average for columns C
through F I
must enter the following formula: =(C3+D3+E3+F3)/4

I would very much appreciate it if someone could inform me how to get
the
general
=(C+D+E+F)/4 formula easily for the entire column. Thank you.

Caitlin