Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default 1/8 inch grid lines

Hi Mango,

Maybe,
Click on the box at the row and column header intersection
to select all rows and columns.
Then right click on one of the column headers select column
width and set it to 0.8.
Then right click on one of the row headers select row height
and set it to 8.

This should give you a grid of around an 1/8th of an inch
when printed on an A4 sheet (11x8)
however it is not a very usable size for a spreadsheet.

HTH
Martin

"Mango" wrote in message
I'm using Office 2003. I want to make a few templates for project layouts,
including 1/8 and 1/4 inch grid lines (that don't print). Reading similar
posts I found a macro that I think makes the grid into perfect 1/4 inch
squares. The problem is I don't really know what a macro is, or how to cut
and paste it into a module (what's a module?). I downloaded a graph paper
template. It was a symmetrical grid, but not a usable size. So I tried to
hone in on 1/8 inch by just reducing the values in the column/row boxes by
the same percentage. That didn't work because the values would snap to the
nearest allowable value (no fine tune adjustments). So is there a way to
make
those point values in the width/height boxes not snap to stepped values?
(i.e. use pixels instead of point values). Do I really have to figure out
how
to install a macro? If so, can I make the macro conform the grid to
diiferent
sizes? I know Excel is not designed to be a layout program, but jeez, a
simple symmetrical grid pattern built in as a choice on the tool options
menu
is too much to ask?
-Mango