Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Pearson[_2_] Mike Pearson[_2_] is offline

Default get a column of cells to add if current month

That still doesn't seem to be doing it. I keep getting zero? Currently
there is a list of 10 accounts. Some are this month (5/24/07, 5/23/07) and
some are last month, and some are blank. I don't know what to do.

I think the issue is using month to read the whole column. Since there are
many different months it doesn't seem to work right. If I make a cell
=month(sheet1!B1:B100) it gives me an error that it is the wrong data type?

Any other thoughts? I really appreciate the help.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Mike

Try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Month(Sheet1!$A$2:$A$100)=MONTH(A1)))
where A1 on Sheet 2 holds the date for the Month which data you wish to
capture.
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Mike Pearson" <Mike wrote in message
I am working on an end of month report.

So on one sheet I have a list of accounts, with one column that has
dates
for the last appointment I had with those accounts. Etc:

Account Name Last Visit
1. ABC Mortgage 5/15/2007
2. XWZ Mortgage 5/16/2007

On another sheet I have a report that asks "how many accounts I
visited this
month". What I want to do is have the date on the top of the page and
then
make a formula that adds all the cells whose dates fall in the month
on the
top of the second sheet?

I have been able to use today() to get the date on the top of the
page, but
can't figure out how to then reference "last visit" to add up "how
many
accounts I visited this month"

Can you help me please?