Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
PlayingToAudienceOfOne PlayingToAudienceOfOne is offline

Default Sort order on very large spreadsheet.

I have found that "Sort" does not work properly when there are "nonbreaking"
spaces (you cannot see them in Excel) in your spreadsheet. To get convert
them to regular spaces as follows:

CTRL+H {shortcut for EDIT REPLACE}
Find what: {enter "Alt+0160" --without the quotes, using NUMPAD numbers}
Replace with: {enter one regular space here}
Click on REPLACE ALL
Do you want to replace the rest of the document? NO
OK

"Dennis1188" wrote:

I have several cells that will not sort properly. Is there some kind of
setting that will prevent them from sorting from a to z.
When I manually enter some of the problem cells again in another workbook,
they sort fine.