Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
joel joel is offline

Default Date question

The solution Mike H gave you will convert the date to text. If you want to
keep the date format then you have to use custom formating. go to format
menu - cells - custom. enter in top box mmm-dd-yy. The three mmm will
display FEB, two mm will display the number 02.

"Jman" wrote:

I have in column A numbers 1-12 all representing the months in a year.
When i put in this formula =month(B1)
i get the numbers of the months... Is there a formula that gives me only the
NAME of the month, NOT the number.

A1 equals "2" how can this number be changed to say "feb" instead of 2?
B1 2-04-07