Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\) is offline

Default How does one insert an "R" With a CIRCLE AROUND IT?

If you are using a PC (not sure if this will work on a Mac or not), you
can enter it directly from the keyboard. Wherever you want that symbol at
(either during the typing of the original text or by moving the caret to
an insert location), hold down the ALT key (and keep it down) while typing
0174 on the number pad. IMPORTANT... you must use the number pad to enter
those numbers and the zero cannot be omitted.

I guess I should expand on the above a little bit. On a PC, you can
physically type any character defined in a font with an ANSI value
(sometimes mis-called an ASCII value) of 128 or above (maximum 255) using
the above technique. Simply hold down the ALT key and key in 0 followed by
the three-digit ANSI code from the number pad and that character will be
"typed" in your text string.

Rick