Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
JonR JonR is offline

Default Charts - Custom Types - Line Column - Data Series

Spyder,

Jon Peltier is THE MAN. You will do yourself a huge favor by bookmarking
his webpage. I refer to it often, especially when I need to 'wow' the boss.

You'll learn a lot from him. I'm grateful there are people of his caliber
willing to share knowledge.

--
HTH

JonR

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Next time, avoid the built-in custom types (with a name like "built-in
custom", they couldn't possibly work right), and build your own combination
chart. Create the chart with all six series as the more prevalent type in
the chart (columns). Select one series you want to change, do the Chart menu
Chart Type thing that bj and JonR told you about, then select the other

and use the F4 shortcut to repeat this action. Then double click one of the
series you need on the secondary axis, and on the Axis tab, select
Secondary, as bj described, then select the other and use the F4 shortcut to
repeat this action.

Building your own combination chart hardly takes longer than using the
built-in ones, and you retain control over its individual series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Spyder" wrote in message
How do I swich data from being displayed as a column rather than a line in
Line-Column chart? I have 6 data series and would like the first 4 in the
chart displayed as columns and the second two as lines using the same y
axis,
but right now Excel has defaulted the first two as columns and the second
two
as lines and I cannot make the changes I need.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Jeff