Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DazzaData DazzaData is offline

Default Fraction Formatting and Averages

Evaluate the number of 5ths as a whole number, to your preferred number of
decimals, then use a custom format and add the /5 as text "/5" at the end.

something like #.##"/5" is probably best. Don't forget to actually divide
the value by 5 if using it for any further calulations

"mrgou" wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to list grades in a worksheet formatted as fifths. I thus
defined the formatting as:

# ?/5

Now I have two problems:

- Whenever I enter a 5/5 grade, "1" is displayed. How can I force
"5/5" to be displayed?
- I need decimals in the grades average, e.g. "3.25/5". However, the
formatting above will not allow that, and automatically rounds up the
grade. How can I get decimals ("# ?.??/5" won't work)?

Thanks!

Raph