Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default Vlookup bug?

Are you looking for an exact match, if so use

=VLOOKUP(C23,AE5:AQ215,5,0)

If you get #N/A then there is no match

Peo Sjoblom

wrote in message
I need help in obtaining consistent vlookup function results. In most
cases
i receive the accurate return. However, on some returns I get the wrong
value. The value returned belongs to the same column number but a
different
row. Formula auditing does not provide where the last value comes from,
so i
can't trace from there.

The formula is: =VLOOKUP(C23,AE5:AQ215,5), where C23 is a drop-down list
created through "DATA/VALIDATION" menu. This particular line should
return a
value in column 5, row 32; instead it returns data from row 22. I've
changed
column number but it still returns data from row 22. What am I doing
wrong?

As I read someone else say: I've been pulling my hair for the last 3
hours!

Please help!
Many thanks,
David