Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default How do I put one heading over 3 narrow columns?

Put this in your personal.xls macro workbook and assign a custom toolbar
button to it. Then select your area to center across and click on the custom
button.

Sub CENTERACROSS()
With Selection
If .HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection Then
.HorizontalAlignment = xlGeneral
Else
Selection.HorizontalAlignment = xlCenterAcrossSelection
End If
End With

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Janice" wrote in message
I am trying to make an excel sheet that has the year "2006" over 3 narrow
columns that just have an "X" in or they are blank. I cannot figure out
how
to put the 2006 so that it shows especially when I print sheet.