Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Excel 2007 vs. 2003 VBA Control Questions

Scott

I have tried setting up my own xls with two combo boxes from the control
toolbox on sheet1 named HomeList and HostList. I then opened the xls in
2007 and saved as an xlsm, closed Excel and re-opened...fine.

Anything you are doing different?

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Ondy2112" wrote in message

Our place is starting to upgrade everyone to Office 2007 and some of the
Excel tools I developed for people to use aren't migrating from .xls to
.xlsm
files very smooth. A quick example of what I am having trouble with is in
the names of some of my controls being changed.

In the old excel I have an app with a bunch of ComboBoxes, 4 of which are
named HomeList, HostList, HomeTypeList, and HostTypeList.

So I save the thing as a .xlsm file, and now the names of the same 4
ComboBoxes are now ComboBox14, ComboBox13, ComboBox12, and ComboBox11
respectively.

My assumption is that I just have to whip the app in shape until it all
works, but I was just wondering why this was happening and if there is a
way
I could avoid it.

Thanks,
- Scott O.