Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
PCLIVE PCLIVE is offline

Default How to concatenate a value in cell

=INDIRECT("D"&MATCH(193,A1:A20,0))

HTH,
Paul

"ub" wrote in message
Hi
I am using Match worksheet function to get the cell#, Ex: my function
returns me '10'. this is the cell# where the match is found. suppose the
cell
a10
I want to use the number returned '10' and concatenate with 'd' to make it
'd10' to get the value of cell d10.
When I write the formula ' = a & match(193,a1:a20), it does not work.
please advise if there is another way to do this.
What I want is to look for the nearest value '193' in the cell range
a1:a20
and suppose it was cell # a10 that had this value, then I want to capture
the
value in cell 'd10'.
Thanks