Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Roger Govier Roger Govier is offline

Default Pivot Table - Filtering Data Field

Hi Mark

That is the way the PT works with Data.
Row fields and Column fields you are actually choosing to Filter by.
In the case of data, you are not filtering, you are selecting whether
you want that field included as a data field or not.
Once de-selected, you need to drag it back in from the field list to the
data area.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Mark" wrote in message
Excel 2003 - SP2
When I filter the data field Excel removes all the other data headings
in
the filter dialog box but those I kept so I can not filter back to
those
other headings. This does not happen for all the other fields I have
tried -
row and column. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.