Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nick Hodge Nick Hodge is offline

Default Excel 2007 Severe Performance Problems

Are you running Vista too?

I get the (not responding) in all Office apps in Vista, but neither of my
machines is gifted with more than 1gb of ram and multi-core processors

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"S" wrote in message
Hello Nick and the rest,
How about this?
I have a workbook with more than 1 worksheet. Both have various data in
them - nothing complex, just totals and cell references.
In one worksheet, I type in a NUMBER (e.g. 1000) and hit <Enter. The
cell
pointer moves down one cell (e.g. from A1 to B1) with no problem.
In the other worksheet, I type in the same number, hit <Enter and Excel
freezes for about 5 seconds (I've timed it) before doing what it should
(i.e.
cell pointer moves down one cell). Sometimes - with copying and pasting -
"Not responding" can be seen in the top blue bar. Sometimes, this takes
so
long and I get so tired of waiting for Excel to respond that I close Excel
(and hope some of my data gets retrieved). Does this sound familiar to
anyone? Never did I have such an issue with 2003.