Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Beginner in excel

For Cash use:

=SUMIF(J3:J10,1,K3:K10)

For Cheques use:

=SUMIF(J3:J10,2,K3:K10)

Adjust the ranges to suit your spreadsheet.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Sarah" wrote in message
I have set up a stocklist worksheet, and have column J entitled PAYMENT
METHOD, in cell J4, I have put number 1 (to represent CASH PAYMENT),
number
2(to represent cheque payment, with the amount paid in column K, and the
description of the item in column B. I want to enter a formula that
calcutes
the CASH amounts from column K, when column J says 1, and the same for
cheque
amounts when column J says 2??? Have been playing, but just can't figure
out
how to achieve this.
--
Thank you,