Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FloMM2 FloMM2 is offline

Default Beginner in excel

Sarah,
This is one possible solution:
Column J has a "1 =cash or 2=check"
Column K has the amount.
Column L has this formula"=IF($J$2=1,$K$2,0)"
This formula is looking at the J column for 1, if it is a 1, then bring the
amount in K2.
Column M has this formula"=IF($J$2=2,$K$2,0)"
This formula is looking at J column for 2, if it is a 2, then bring the
amount in K2.
I put the "$" in so you can copydown, without the formula changing on you.
You will have to add a totall at the bottom of your spreadsheet to total
"Cash" and "Check" amounts.
HTH

"Sarah" wrote:

Hi,
I have set up a stocklist worksheet, and have column J entitled PAYMENT
METHOD, in cell J4, I have put number 1 (to represent CASH PAYMENT), number
2(to represent cheque payment, with the amount paid in column K, and the
description of the item in column B. I want to enter a formula that calcutes
the CASH amounts from column K, when column J says 1, and the same for cheque
amounts when column J says 2??? Have been playing, but just can't figure out
how to achieve this.
--
Thank you,
Sarah