Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] nomail1983@hotmail.com is offline

Default Simple: how to express this named-range reference?

On May 27, 3:49 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
Bit cumbersome, but seems to work.
=OFFSET(INDEX(Cash,1),ROW()-MIN(ROW(Cash))-1,0)

That's a start. Thanks. Based on that, I came up with the following:

=index(Cash, row() - row(Cash))

It seems to work. But does it make sense?

ROW(Cash) seems to return the first row number of Cash. I don't seem
to need to do MIN(ROW(Cash)). But I don't know if I'm doing the
"right" thing, or if I simply "got away with it".

I thought that I did something even more straight-forward in the
past. Is my INDEX(...) expression as good as it gets?

(Assuming that it makes good sense, in the first place.)